The Certificate in College Teaching is awarded concurrently with your graduate degree, i.e., the degree you receive as you are leaving Duke. If you applied to graduate in the previous term but did not graduate, you will need to apply again for the current term. In the semester you expect to graduate, you should complete these three steps:
- Apply to graduate in DukeHub for your graduate degree
- Apply to graduate in DukeHub for the Certificate in College Teaching (and any other certificates you are engaged in.)
- Complete the CCT Graduation Form. Note that this is separate from DukeHub. After you submit this form, the CCT program director will contact you about the final steps in finishing the program. This may include revising your portofolio & teaching statement or submitting missing Teaching Triangles documents. If you are enrolled in a CCT course or engaged in Teaching Triangles in the term you are graduating, you should note this when you complete the CCT Graduation Form. Your portflio must be complete and ready for review by the application deadline.
Deadlines to apply for graduation for the CCT the same as all other Graduate School apply-to-graduate deadlines:
- Summer 2022: June 14, 2022
- Fall 2022: October 14, 2022
- Spring 2023: February 1, 2023