Unofficial transcripts: Transcripts uploaded to the online application are unofficial. An unofficial transcript is also one that
- has been opened by the student,
- did not come directly from the school,
- is an uncertified photocopy of the original,
- was not produced by the school, or
- was translated by the student or a nonprofessional translation service
Note: Notarized transcripts are unofficial unless they are mailed directly from the educational institution and bear the institutional seal.
Official transcripts: Transcripts are official if they are sent directly by the institution to The Graduate School. Transcripts must bear an official signature in ink of the appropriate official at your institution, such as the registrar or recorder of records, and must bear the institutional seal. Certified true copies must be stamped and signed by the institution.
Note: Official transcripts are only required if an offer of admission is made. When you accept the offer of admission, we will contact you to request your official transcripts. Do not send your official transcripts before you are contacted.