Senior Leadership Insights: A Conversation with Dennis Gilmore, Ph.D., President, Crosslynk Research Consulting
Dennis Gilmore, Ph.D.’78 is President of Crosslynk Research Consulting, where he provides professional services to start-ups involved in transforming new technologies into products. This role builds on his leadership background across a broad spectrum of industries and around the world. Over a career spanning nearly 40 years, he has led the development and commercialization of more than 200 new products and processes for global, science-driven companies such as Royal Dutch Shell and PPG industries. In addition to his previous role as senior director for technology advancement at RTI and executive director of a technology start-up in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, Dr. Gilmore has extensive experience with international joint venture formation and operation across functions and countries. He is a member of the American Chemical Society, SAE International Aerospace, and several other organizations. Dr. Gilmore received his B.S. from Missouri State University and his Ph.D. in chemistry from Duke University
Dr. Gilmore will be joined in conversation by Professor of Chemistry Dr. Benjamin J. Wiley. The discussion will focus on six key questions:
- Tell us about your background. What was your path to your current role?
- Can you tell us about your organization, and describe a typical day for a Ph.D.-level hire?
- What do you see as the value that doctoral training has added to your professional trajectory?
- Beyond strong research skills, what other skills, experience and/or training are important for success in your field?
- Are there any skills, training, or experiences you wish you’d had in graduate school to prepare you for your current career path?
- What can students who would like to work in this field (or explore it further) do to prepare?
Following the key questions, there will be time for Q&A with the audience. The first three students who ask questions on audio/video can receive $15 Duke Dining gift cards.
The Senior Leadership Insights series is sponsored by The Graduate School and offers this session in partnership with the Department of Chemistry.
Alumni, Communication, Leadership, Open to Alumni Attendees, Professional Development, Senior Leadership Insights