Five Graduate School students have received the Duke Alumni Association's 2021 Forever Duke Student Leadership Award:
- Courtney Crumpler, M.F.A., Dance
- Brandon Hunter, Ph.D., Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Gray Kidd, Ph.D., History
- Lucas Rocha-Melogno, M.S.'19, Ph.D., Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Edgar Virgüez, Ph.D., Environmental Sciences and Policy
The award recognizes graduating students who embody the “Forever Duke” spirit in their service to the university. Recipients are individuals of high integrity who have done great things not only at Duke, but for Duke, and who exhibit qualities worthy of the award, including being strong advocates for the Duke community, embodying Duke’s guiding principle of “knowledge in the service to society,” and leaving Duke a better place than they found it.