The Graduate School has announced the recipients of its 2020 Dean's Awards, which recognize outstanding efforts in mentoring, teaching, and creating an inclusive environment for graduate education at Duke. The recipients will be honored at a reception on Wednesday, March 25.
Profiles of the recipients will be posted on this page later in the spring.
- William Darity, Samuel DuBois Cook Distinguished Professor of Public Policy
- Jennifer Roizen, Assistant Professor of Chemistry
- David Wong, Susan Fox Beischer and George D. Beischer Professor of Philosophy
- Gwenaëlle Thomas, Neurobiology (Adviser: Kafui Dzirasa)
- Christina Bejjani, Psychology & Neuroscience (Adviser: Tobias Egner)
- Cherie Conley, Nursing (Adviser: Isaac Lipkus Reiner)
Each faculty award winner receives a $3,000 prize, while each student recipient gets $2,000.
- Hannah Rogers, English (Adviser: Nancy Armstrong)
- Chelsea Garber, Economics (Adviser: Christopher Timmins)
- Brenda Yang, Psychology & Neuroscience (Adviser: Elizabeth Marsh)
Each winner receives $2,000. This award is for Ph.D. students only.
- Duke Research in Engineering Program (nominated by Ashutosh Chilkoti and Marc Sommer)
Each winning department or program receives $5,000 to be used at its discretion.