The Dean’s Research Award for Master’s Students will provide up to $1,000 to fund research travel, conference travel, or the purchase of materials and supplies to support research relevant to a master’s student’s degree completion. The award is not to be used for living expenses, but in direct support of research and/or professional development for the recipient.
The 2020 application period will run from January 15 to February 15, 2020 and recipients will be notified by March 31, 2020. The funds must be spent by October 31, 2020. Recipients of the award must present receipts documenting appropriate use of the award funds.
To be eligible to apply, you must be
- Be a current student in one of The Graduate School’s master’s programs
- Be in good academic standing
- Expect to still be enrolled in your master’s program in fall 2020
Note: DKU applicants for this award must be enrolled at the Duke Durham campus during the semester in which the fellowship will be received, as the award is provided through student payroll.
- Complete the application form and get it signed by your director of graduate studies to indicate the department’s endorsement of your application for this award.
- Attach a letter of intent that explains what the research/travel award will be used for and how it will support your progress toward completing your master’s degree.
- Submit the completed application and all documentation to your department administrator/director of graduate director assistant (DGSA), who will process and submit to The Graduate School (instructions for DGSAs).
The Dean's Research Award for Master's Students is not availble to Ph.D. students pursuing a Master's en route to the doctoral degree. Graduate School fellowships for Ph.D. students can be found here.
- Duke Graduate School opportunities
- Continuing Student
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Physical Sciences and Engineering
- Social Sciences
Type of Degrees
- For Travel
- For Conferences
- Domestic Travel
- International Travel