Setting the Stage for Success: Preparing For Your Academic Career From Day 1 of Graduate School
Lei Wang, PhD, Assistant Professor at Chatham University and Nelson O. O. Zounlomé, PhD, CEO of Liberate the Block, LLC
Join Drs. Nelson O. O. Zounlomè and Lei Wang from Liberate The Block in an engaging and transformative webinar designed to equip graduate students with essential strategies and tools for a successful academic career right from Day 1. In this dynamic session, we will delve into key topics that are crucial for your scholarly journey. Here's what you can expect to learn:
- Setting and Prioritizing Academic Career Goals: Discover effective techniques to define and prioritize your academic career goals, setting a strong foundation for your future success.
- Maintaining Holistic Well-Being While in School: Learn valuable strategies to balance your personal well-being alongside your academic pursuits, ensuring a healthy and fulfilling graduate school experience.
- Creating an Individualized Plan for Success: Uncover the secrets to developing a personalized plan that aligns with your aspirations, leveraging your unique strengths and interests.
By the end of this webinar, you will walk away with a wealth of practical steps, valuable knowledge, and essential resources that will empower you to not only survive but thrive in the next phase of your scholarly journey.
But that's not all! This webinar will also touch upon the following important elements:
- Types of institutes and academic careers: Gain insights into different types of academic institutions and career paths available to you, helping you make informed decisions about your future.
- Aligning your personal and professional values: Learn how to align your personal values with your professional aspirations, creating a strong foundation for a fulfilling academic career.
- Identifying mentors on and off campus: Discover effective strategies for identifying and engaging with mentors who can provide guidance and support throughout your graduate school journey.
- Effectively using university resources: Maximize your utilization of university resources, from libraries to research facilities, to enhance your academic experience and drive your success.
- Treating graduate school like your future career: Gain valuable insights into how to approach graduate school as a stepping stone to your future career, positioning yourself for long-term success.
Duke graduate students can access this event sponsored by the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity through Duke's institutional membership, sponsored by the Office of Faculty Advancement. Find information about how to claim your Duke membership to NCFDD here.
Professional Development, Professionalism and Scholarly Integrity, Self Awareness