Moving from Resistance to Writing
- Have you been putting off your writing all year by promising yourself that summer is when you'll buckle down and get it done?
- Are you finding yourself continuing to procrastinate and avoid your writing even though summer has arrived?
- Have you ever wondered why it is that you really want to write, but just don't do it until there's a looming external deadline?
In this webinar, you will learn:
- What resistance is and why academic writers experience it in pursuit of work we want and need to complete.
- How to identify what's holding you back from writing and completing your ___________ (article, dissertation, book manuscript, grant proposal, etc...).
- The three most common types of writing funk and how to move around them.
- How to create the types community, support and accountability for your writing that will help you to ride through whatever type of writing funk you are currently experiencing.
Duke graduate students can access this event sponsored by the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity through Duke's institutional membership, sponsored by the Office of Faculty Advancement. Find information about how to claim your Duke membership to NCFDD here.
Professional Development, Self Awareness, Writing Support