Careers in Higher Education Administration Supporting Graduate Students and Postdocs
This free virtual panel discussion features three pairs of collaborators from three institutions, focusing on ways that teaching and learning professionals partner with career and professional development colleagues to successfully support their institution’s graduate students and postdocs.
The goals of the session are to: (1) highlight innovative collaborations to serve graduate students and postdocs and (2) raise awareness of the value of membership in these organizations. The speakers represent the Graduate Career Consortium and the POD Graduate Student, Professional Student, and Postdoctoral Scholar Development (GPPD) special interest group. Both organizations offer discounted membership for trainees.
- Preston Cumming, PhD, Professional Development Lead at the Center for Teaching & Learning, and Leslie Blood, PhD, Director of Graduate Community & Professional Development in the Graduate School at the University of Colorado Boulder
- Jennifer Teitle, PhD, Assistant Dean for Graduate Development and Postdoctoral Affairs in the Graduate College, and Katherine Beydler, PhD, Assistant Director in the Office of Teaching, Learning & Technology at the University of Iowa
- Stefanie Baier, PhD, Director of Instructional Development for Graduate Students and Postdocs, and Julie Rojewski, PhD, Director of PhD Career Services, Michigan State University Graduate School
- Denise Leonard, PhD, Associate Director for Graduate Student and Postdoc Programs at Washington University in St Louis, and Co-Chair, POD Graduate Student, Professional Student & Postdoctoral Scholar Development Special Interest Group
- Melissa Bostrom, PhD, Assistant Dean for Graduate Student Professional Development, Duke University, and GCC Professional Development Officer
Please note that this session will not be recorded.
This event is part of the Academic Job Search Series sponsored by The Graduate School and the Office of Postdoctoral Services.
Professional Development, Academic Job Search Series, Communication, Professional Adaptability, Self Awareness, Teaching and Mentoring, College Teaching Workshops, Open to Alumni Attendees