The Art of Saying No
- Are you confused about when to say "yes" and "no" to other people's requests?
- Do you often say "yes" to requests without realizing the impact that response will have on your time and productivity?
- Do you find yourself feeling angry and resentful during the academic year because you've said "yes" too often?
You're not alone! Many faculty (pre and post-tenure) find it incredibly difficult to sort out when, why, and how to say "NO."
In this webinar, you will learn:
- The biggest mistakes faculty make in responding to requests
- How to identify and disrupt problematic patterns
- Our favorite strategies that you can implement immediately so you can add "no" to your vocabulary
Duke graduate students can access this event sponsored by the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity through Duke's institutional membership, sponsored by the Office of Faculty Advancement. Find information about how to claim your Duke membership to NCFDD here.
Professional Development, Communication, Self Awareness