Are you a postdoc or graduate student planning to pursue a faculty career? Then please join us for a talk with one of Duke's favorite professors and mentors, Dr. Mohamed Noor, Professor of Biology and author of the book, You're Hired! Now What? A Guide for New Science Faculty. New college faculty are well-versed in the scientific skills they'll need for success in research, including design of projects, preparation of manuscripts and grant proposals, and interactions during peer review. Yet typically they receive no training in organization, management, or even basic college structure. In response to this need, Dr Noor will present his thoughts and advice for a successful faculty career. Dr Noor will be joined by fellow Duke faculty members Dr Jennifer Roizen, Assistant Professor of Chemistry, and Dr Allison Ashley-Koch, Professor of Medical Genetics, for an informal discussion of the issues faced by new faculty.
Light breakfast and coffee will be provided.
- Mohamed Noor, PhD, Professor and former Chair of Biology at Duke University
- Allison Ashley-Koch, PhD, Professor in the Division of Medical Genetics, Department of Medicine at Duke University Medical Center
- Jennifer Roizen, PhD, Professor in the Duke Department of Chemistry
This event is part of the 2017-18 Academic Job Search Series, co-sponsored by The Graduate School, the Duke Career Center, and the Office of Postdoctoral Services. Questions about this event? Contact Molly Starback, Director of the Office of Postdoctoral Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LocationRm 143 Jones Bldg Map and directions
- Professional Development
- Professional Adaptability
- Professionalism and Scholarly Integrity