Want to get the inside scoop on hiring? Wondering what companies are looking for when evaluating PhDs? Join us for a series of short, focused career conversations with Human Resources professionals about the recruiting and hiring practices at their organizations. Our guests on September 15 are Susan Akers-Smith, Sr. Vice President, Medical Management & Scientific Services and Christine Cantu, Global Leader, University and Early Career Programs from Syneos Health. Syneos Health is a multinational contract research organization based in RTP NC. The company specializes in helping companies with late-stage clinical trials.
- Can you tell us about your organization, and describe a typical day for a PhD hire?
- What does the hiring process look like at your organization? What areas do you look at from the resume/CV and cover letter?
- Besides being a good researcher, what other skills, experience and/or training are important? (eg, soft skills, certifications such as leadership training, RAC, PMP)
- What can graduate students and postdocs who would like to work at your organization (or explore career opportunities further) do to prepare?
- What is the employment outlook for organizations like Syneos Health, given the COVID crisis? (please note that the answer to this question may be "We don't know yet.")
A link with Zoom meeting details will be sent to confirmed registrants. This event is part of the Alum Zooms Series sponsored by The Graduate School and the Office of Postdoctoral Services. Questions? Contact Molly Starback, Director of the Office of Postdoctoral Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Professional Development
- Professional Adaptability
- Careers Beyond Academia