Want to get the inside scoop on hiring? Wondering what companies are looking for when evaluating PhDs? Join us for a series of short, focused career conversations with Human Resources professionals about the recruiting and hiring practices at their organizations. Our guest on August 25 is Stacy Schnieber, VP of People and Culture at Camargo Pharmaceutical Services. Camargo Pharmaceutical Services is the most experienced global strategist providing comprehensive drug development services specialized for the 505(b)(2) approval pathway and global equivalent processes. By assessing the scientific, medical, regulatory and commercial viability of product development opportunities, Camargo systematically builds and executes robust development plans that align with business strategies and ensure FDA buy-in every step of the way. Routinely holding three to six pre-IND meetings a month, Camargo works with product developers across more than 25 countries.
- Can you tell us about your company, and describe a typical day for a PhD hire?
- What does the hiring process look like at your company? What areas do you look at from the resume/CV and cover letter? (for example, are publications important? Do you need to do a postdoc?)
- Besides being a good scientist/researcher, what other skills, experience and/or training are important? (eg, soft skills, certifications such as leadership training, RAC, PMP)
- What can postdocs and students who would like to work in this field (or explore it further) do to prepare?
- What is the employment outlook for this field, given the COVID crisis? (please note that the answer to this question may be "We don't know yet.")
A link with Zoom meeting details will be sent to confirmed registrants. This event is part of the Alum Zooms Series sponsored by The Graduate School and the Office of Postdoctoral Services. Questions? Contact The Graduate School's professional development team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Professional Development
- Professional Adaptability
- Professionalism and Scholarly Integrity
- Careers Beyond Academia