- Do you often feel drained by departmental drama?
- Do feel unclear how to handle conflicts that arise in your department?
- Are you unsure when, where, and how to manage conflict with people who will be voting on your tenure?
Academics are notoriously conflict avoidant and the inability to manage conflict can result in negative physical, emotional, and relational consequences for tenure-track faculty. So why not learn early in your career to master the SKILL of healthy conflict so that you can effectively manage conflicts as they arise and avoid carrying around all of the negative energy, anger and resentment in your mind and body. In this webinar, you will learn:
- How conflict-management is an essential part of thriving in the Academy.
- How to decide when to push-back and when to pull back in the face of conflict.
- The difference between healthy and unhealthy conflict.
- How to get clear about the role that power plays in resolving departmental conflicts.
- Ten tips for engaging in healthy conflict.
Duke graduate students can access this webinar sponsored by the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity through Duke's institutional membership. Find information about how to claim your Duke membership to NCFDD here.
- Professional Development
- Professionalism and Scholarly Integrity
- Self Awareness