Networking and interviewing activities frequently involve the challenge of balancing professional conversation with good table manners in handling food and drink. This workshop will build your skills and confidence in dining etiquette over a three-course luncheon at Parizade. You will gain experience ordering from a menu, navigating a table setting, and practicing networking skills.
Speaker: Caroline Korda Poole, M.P.H., is Principal, Centered Career. Ms. Poole worked for over 15 years in international and community development, with extensive experience advising mid-career international graduate students.
Registration for this limited-enrollment workshop closes Thursday, September 5 at 11:59 pm. Participants must agree to arrange their own transportation (i.e. via the campus H-5 bus) to arrive promptly at 11:15 am and stay through 1:00 pm. Participants who register and fail to notify The Graduate School by September 5 that they can no longer attend may be asked to reimburse The Graduate School for the cost of their lunch (up to $30).
This workshop is part of The Graduate School's Professional Development Series and is co-sponsored with the Office of Postdoctoral Services. Questions? Contact The Graduate School's professional development team at email@example.com.
Salad or Soup
- Parizade Salad | GF, V | Fresh greens, strawberries, almonds, blue cheese, raspberry vinaigrette
- Caesar Salad | Romaine lettuce, crispy croutons
- Greek Avgolemono Soup
- Seared Salmon | GF| Spinach quinoa, citrus custard
- Shrimp & Artichoke Risotto | GF | Artichokes, white wine, leeks, & dill sauce
- Cheese Ravioli Primavera | V | Zucchini, mushrooms, spinach, sundried tomato, pesto lemon butter
- Chicken Souvlaki Kebob | Tzatziki, chopped Greek Salad, pita
- Grilled Top Sirloin | GF | Red wine mushroom sauce, roasted potatoes, broccolini
- Seasonal Sorbet and Fresh Fruit | GF, V+
- Black Velvet Praline Torte
- Iced Tea
LocationParizade (2200 W. Main St., Durham) Map and directions
- Professional Development
- Professionalism and Scholarly Integrity