The Graduate School and the Society of Duke Fellows invite you to attend the 2017 GradX event: 5-minute research talks by your very own Duke graduate student colleagues! GradX will be held on Monday April 3rd from 3-6 pm in Schiciano Auditorium. It will be immediately followed by a reception from 6-7:00 pm. Heavy hors d'oeuvres and drinks will be served.
Topics this year include:
- "Self-Empathy: Can we teach people to validate their own emotions?"
- "Why do self-pollinating flowers just stop trying?"
- "Are independent courts possible in the dictatorship?"
- "Can you catch a cloud in a jar?"
- "How do love and identity form in a parallel world?"
- "How do cultural differences affect end-of-life care decisions?"
Our keynote speaker will be Anne Yoder, Professor of Biology at Duke, and Director of the Duke Lemur Center.
Questions? Contact the GradX 2017 Organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LocationSchiciano Auditorium, Fitzpatrick CIEMAS Map and Directions
- Professional Development
- Appreciation Week