How do you effectively convey the valuable skills and knowledge learned through a humanities graduate degree to employers outside academia? This workshop will help you identify language to describe your strengths, learn how to unpack job descriptions to discern what managers are really looking for, and practice articulating the power of a humanities graduate degree. Come hear from alumni who have made the transition to the workforce as well as representatives from organizations that hire humanities graduate alumni.
Join this event to hear from alumni:
- Steve Pysnik, PhD '14 (Musicology), Senior Salesforce Consultant, Cloud Giants
- Katherine Jentleson, PhD '15 (Art History), Merrie and Dan Boone Curator of Folk and Self-Taught Art at the High Museum of Art, Atlanta
- Meagan Green Labunski, PhD '10 (Art History) and Matt Woodworth, PhD '11 (Art History), Co-Founders of Curated Touring, Inc.
- Anna Mann, T'12, Vice President for Talent & Culture, Government Executive Media Group
This event is part of the Careers Beyond Academia series sponsored by The Graduate School, Duke Career Center, and the Office of Postdoctoral Services. Questions? Contact Laura Coutts, Assistant Director for Graduate Career Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Appreciation Week
- Professional Development
- Professional Adaptability
- Self Awareness
- Careers Beyond Academia