Business skills are necessary in most work settings and in a variety of roles. In this panel discussion with alumni, learn what skills are commonly sought by employers and why these skills are relevant. You will also leave with strategies for further developing these skills. This is part one of a two-part series. This session will focus on business strategy, teamwork, and time management/delegation.
- Christine Peijinn Chai, MS '16, PhD '17, Software Engineer at Microsoft
- Will Evans, AM '12, Publisher & Executive Director at Deep Vellum Publishing
- Alyson Wilson, PhD ’95, Associate Vice Chancellor at NC State University
This event is part of the 2020-21 Careers Beyond Academia series and is co-sponsored by The Graduate School, the Duke Career Center, the Office of Postdoctoral Services and the Pratt School of Engineering. Questions? Contact Stacia Solomon, Assistant Director for Graduate Career Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Professional Development
- Professional Adaptability
- Professionalism and Scholarly Integrity
- Careers Beyond Academia