In this session, a panel of Duke faculty members will discuss the negotiation process for faculty positions. Questions include:
- What does a typical start-up package look like? How much can you negotiate it, and how can you provide justification for asking for more?
- How much grant money are you expected to bring if you get hired?
- What are some common pitfalls in the negotiation process?
- Can you negotiate for a position for your partner or spouse? If so, when do you bring it up?
- Krishnendu Chakrabarty, PhD, Professor and Chair of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Jennifer Roizen PhD, Assistant Professor of Chemistry
- Eda Yildirim, PhD, Assistant Professor of Cell Biology
This event is part of the 2019-20 Academic Job Search Series, co-sponsored by The Graduate School, the Duke Career Center, and the Office of Postdoctoral Services. Questions? Contact Molly Starback, Director of Duke Postdoctoral Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LocationRm 143 Jones Bldg Map and directions
- Professional Development
- Professionalism and Scholarly Integrity