- Are you confused about when to say "yes" and "no" to other people's requests?
- Do you often say "yes" to requests without realizing the impact that response will have on your time and productivity?
- Do you find yourself feeling angry and resentful during the academic year because you've said "yes" too often?
You're not alone! Many faculty (pre and post-tenure) find it incredibly difficult to sort out when, why and how to say "NO."
In this webinar offered by the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity, you will learn:
- The biggest mistakes faculty make in responding to requests
- How to identify and disrupt problematic patterns
- Our favorite strategies that you can implement immediately so you can add "no" to your vocabulary
Facilitator: Joy Gaston Gayles, PhD
Duke graduate students can access this webinar sponsored by the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity through Duke's institutional membership. Find information about how to claim your Duke membership to NCFDD here.
- Professional Development
- Professionalism and Scholarly Integrity
- Self Awareness