As part of a series of short, focused career conversations with former Duke PhD students and postdocs, we'll feature Mark Dudley, Ph.D.'16 (Political Science), Director of Merit Scholarship Programs with Duke's Office of University Scholars and Fellows. Mark began his career in academic administration as an Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admissions at Duke and assumed his current leadership role in November 2021.
1. Can you tell us about your background?
2. How did you get your job?
3. What's a typical day like at your organization?
4. What can postdocs and students who would like to work in this field (or explore it further) do to prepare?
5. What is the employment outlook for this field, given the COVID pandemic? (please note that the answer to this question may be "we don't know yet")
This event is open to Graduate School students, postdocs, and Graduate School alumni within five years of graduation. A link with Zoom meeting details will be sent to confirmed registrants. The Academic Job Search Series and Alum Zooms Series are sponsored by The Graduate School and the Office of Postdoctoral Services. Questions? Contact The Graduate School's professional development team at email@example.com.
- Professional Development
- Professional Adaptability
- Academic Job Search Series