As part of a series of short, focused career conversations with former Duke PhD students and postdocs, we'll feature Devin Bridgen, PhD'15 (Biomedical Engineering), Associate Director, Exploratory Research at SQZ Biotechnologies. SQZ Biotech is working to create a new generation of cell therapies, with a current focus on modulating specific immune responses for oncology, infectious diseases, and autoimmune diseases. Dr. Bridgen began his career at SQZ as a Scientist after completing his Ph.D. and has been steadily promoted through roles in Exploratory Research and Strategy & Corporate Development.
1. Can you tell us about your background?
2. How did you get your job?
3. What's a typical day like at your organization (pre- and post-COVID)?
4. What can postdocs and students who would like to work in this field (or explore it further) do to prepare?
5. What is the employment outlook for this field, given the COVID crisis? (please note that the answer to this question may be "we don't know yet")
This workshop is open to Graduate School students, postdocs, professional students served by the Duke Career Center, and Graduate School alumni within five years of graduation. A link with Zoom meeting details will be sent to confirmed registrants. The Alum Zoom Series is sponsored by The Graduate School, the Duke Office of Postdoctoral Services, and the Duke Career Center. Questions? Contact The Graduate School's professional development team at email@example.com.
- Professional Development
- Professional Adaptability
- Careers Beyond Academia