As part of a series of short, focused career conversations with former Duke Ph.D. students and postdocs, we'll feature Anh Le, Ph.D.'18 (Political Science), Research Scientist in Marketing Science Research & Development at Facebook. Anh is trained as a political economist and now works on causal Inference, experimentation, and ads measurement research. To learn more about his expertise, visit his Github profile and blog.
1. Can you tell us about your background?
2. How did you get your job?
3. What's a typical day like at your organization (pre- and post-COVID)?
4. What can postdocs and students who would like to work in this field (or explore it further) do to prepare?
5. What is the employment outlook for this field, given the COVID crisis? (please note that the answer to this question may be "we don't know yet")
This event is open to Graduate School students, postdocs, professional students served by the Duke Career Center, and Graduate School alumni within five years of graduation. A link with Zoom meeting details will be sent to confirmed registrants. The Alum Zooms Series is sponsored by The Graduate School, the Duke Office of Postdoctoral Services, and the Duke Career Center. Questions? Contact The Graduate School's professional development team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Professional Development
- Professional Adaptability
- Careers Beyond Academia