As part of a series of short, focused career conversations with former Duke PhD students and postdocs, we'll feature Anh Do, PhD '19 (Political Science), Data Scientist with Nielsen. Nielsen is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. Dr. Do participated in an Insight Data Science fellowship following completion of her Ph.D. and began working for Nielsen in 2019.
1. Can you tell us about your background?
2. How did you get your job?
3. What's a typical day like at your organization (pre- and post-COVID)?
4. What can postdocs and students who would like to work in this field (or explore it further) do to prepare?
5. What is the employment outlook for this field, given the COVID crisis? (please note that the answer to this question may be "we don't know yet")
This event is open to Graduate School students, postdocs, professional students served by the Duke Career Center, and Graduate School alumni within five years of graduation. A link with Zoom meeting details will be sent to confirmed registrants. The Alum Zoom Series is sponsored by The Graduate School, the Duke Office of Postdoctoral Services, and the Duke Career Center. Questions? Contact The Graduate School's professional development team at email@example.com.
- Professional Development
- Professional Adaptability
- Careers Beyond Academia