Please join us for a summer series of short, focused career conversations with former Duke PhD students and postdocs. On August 6, our guest is Elliott Hazen, PhD '08 (Marine Ecology), Research Ecologist at NOAA, the National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration.
1. Can you tell us about your background?
2. How did you get your job at NOAA?
3. What's a typical day like at your organization (pre- and post-COVID)?
4. What can postdocs and students who would like to work in this field (or explore it further) do to prepare?
5. What is the employment outlook for this field, given the COVID crisis? (please note that the answer to this question may be "we don't know yet")
A link with Zoom meeting details will be sent to confirmed registrants. The Alum Zoom Series is sponsored by The Graduate School and the Duke Office of Postdoctoral Services. Questions? Contact Dr. Melissa Bostrom, Assistant Dean for Graduate Student Professional Development, at email@example.com.
- Professional Development
- Professional Adaptability
- PhD Career Paths
- Professional Development Series