Please join us for a summer series of short, focused career conversations with former Duke PhD students and postdocs. On June 30, our guest is Steffen Kaupp, PhD '16 (German Studies), Director of Language Programs and Deputy Director at Goethe-Institut Boston. The Goethe-Institut is the Federal Republic of Germany’s cultural institute, active worldwide, which promotes the study of German abroad and encourages international cultural exchange.
1. Can you tell us about your background?
2. How did you get your job at Goethe-Institut Boston?
3. What's a typical day like at your organization (pre- and post-COVID)?
4. What can postdocs and students who would like to work in this field (or explore it further) do to prepare?
5. What is the employment outlook for this field, given the COVID crisis? (please note that the answer to this question may be "we don't know yet")
A link with Zoom meeting details will be sent to confirmed registrants. The Alum Zoom Series is sponsored by The Graduate School and the Duke Office of Postdoctoral Services. Questions? Contact Dr. Melissa Bostrom, Assistant Dean for Graduate Student Professional Development, at email@example.com.
- Professional Development
- Professional Adaptability
- Teaching and Mentoring
- Professional Development Series