Please join us for a series of short, focused career conversations with former Duke PhD students and postdocs. On October 19, our guest is Micah Gilmer, PhD '09 (Cultural Anthropology), Senior Partner at Frontline Solutions.Frontline Solutions is a Black-owned consulting firm that serves the philanthropic and nonprofit sectors. They also build tools, models, and ventures that create far-reaching impact. Micah works with clients to design research processes, build strong organizational cultures, and evaluate impact.
1. Can you tell us about your background?
2. How did you get your job?
3. What's a typical day like at your organization (pre- and post-COVID)?
4. What can postdocs and students who would like to work in this field (or explore it further) do to prepare?
5. What is the employment outlook for this field, given the COVID crisis? (please note that the answer to this question may be "we don't know yet")
A link with Zoom meeting details will be sent to confirmed registrants. The Alum Zoom Series is sponsored by The Graduate School, the Duke Office of Postdoctoral Services, and the Duke Career Center. Questions? Contact Stacia Solomon, Assistant Director for Graduate Career Services, at email@example.com.
- Professional Development
- Professional Adaptability
- Careers Beyond Academia