Please join us for a series of short, focused career conversations with former Duke PhD students and postdocs. On September 29, our guest is Rebecca Beerman, PhD, former Duke postdoc in Molecular Genetics and Microbiology and current Scientific Integrity Associate, Duke Advancing Scientific Integrity, Services and Training (ASIST) Office. The ASIST office supports the Duke research community by promoting a culture of scientific integrity, improving data management practices, developing educational materials, organizing outreach activities, and providing individual consultations. In addition to discussing academic administration roles at Duke, Rebecca will talk about the position currently open at ASIST (Requsition number 63709).
1. Can you tell us about your background?
2. How did you get your job?
3. What's a typical day like at your organization (pre- and post-COVID)?
4. What can postdocs and students who would like to work in this field (or explore it further) do to prepare?
5. What is the employment outlook for this field, given the COVID crisis? (please note that the answer to this question may be "we don't know yet")
6. Bonus question: Can you tell us about the open position at ASIST?
A link with Zoom meeting details will be sent to confirmed registrants. The Alum Zoom Series is sponsored by The Graduate School, the Duke Office of Postdoctoral Services, and the Duke Career Center. Questions? Contact Molly Starback, Director of the Office of Postdoctoral Services, at email@example.com.
- Professional Development
- Professional Adaptability
- Careers Beyond Academia