Please join us for a series of short, focused career conversations with former Duke PhD students and postdocs. On August 18, our guest is Ryan Overcash, PhD, Principal Clinical Research Scientist and Head of the Medical Writing Fellowship Program (currently accepting applications!) at Impact Pharmaceutical Services.
1. Can you tell us about your background?
2. How did you get your current job?
3. What's a typical day like at your organization (pre- and post-COVID)?
4. What can postdocs and students who would like to work in this field (or explore it further) do to prepare?
5. What is the employment outlook for this field, given the COVID crisis? (please note that the answer to this question may be "we don't know yet")
A link with Zoom meeting details will be sent to confirmed registrants. The Alum Zoom Series is sponsored by the Duke Office of Postdoctoral Services and The Graduate School. Questions? Contact Molly Starback, Director of Duke Postdoc Services, at email@example.com.
- Professional Development
- Professional Adaptability
- Careers Beyond Academia