Instructional Development for Excellence And Success is an annual workshop series open to Duke graduate students, postdocs, faculty, and staff. Invited speakers in this series will draw upon their experience to address topics relevant to classroom teaching, dealing with students, or faculty life and career paths. You will learn how to:
- recognize the complex dimensions of classroom teaching and faculty life,
- analyze difficult teaching situations and respond creatively,
- improve your teaching skills by drawing upon various resources at Duke,
- plan and design courses with the student perspective in mind, and
- engage in scholarly conversations about college teaching and learning.
Fall 2018 Workshops (Open for Registration)