Learn about the Application Process
Up to 20 participants will be selected for the Emerging Leaders Institute, including up to 5 postdocs. Applicants must agree to attend all workshop sessions in order to be considered for the program. Please note that the program requires up to five hours per week of work in addition to session time, for completion of assessments and work on the team project.
To be notified of the application period opening and other important updates about the Emerging Leaders Institute, join our listserv.
Who Can Apply
Applicants must be current Graduate School students in good academic standing or current postdocs with the classification of Postdoctoral Associate or Postdoctoral Scholar. Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate the following in their essays:
- A commitment to professional development connected with their career goals
- A clear connection between their professional goals and the aims of the ELI program
- A vision of themselves as leaders
How To Apply
I. Prepare your application materials.
For your application, you must submit:
- Your current CV or résumé
- Your answers to the following essay questions:
- What are your career goals? What is your history of professional development experiences, and how do they connect to your professional goals? (500 words maximum)
- How would participating in the ELI program help you achieve your professional development goals? (500 words maximum)
- How have you prepared yourself to be a leader? How do you take leadership in your current roles and activities, even if you do not have an official leadership title or position? What steps do you feel you need to take to move forward as a leader? (500 words maximum)
II. FORMAT YOUR DOCUMENTS
- Save your application materials, in the order listed above, as a single PDF file.
- Name the file lastname_firstname.pdf (e.g., smith_mary.pdf).
III. complete the application form and upload your application document
Complete the Qualtrics survey and upload your application PDF file (within Qualtrics) to complete the application process.