You are here

You are here

Master's Financial Support

Support for master's students varies by program. Prospective and current students are encouraged to first speak to their department program director for specific details on the financial support packages available, along with any employment questions.

Financial aid packages from The Graduate School for master's students are limited to the federal aid offered by the Federal Direct Loan Program. In order to be considered for federal aid, which includes Federal Work Study (FWS) funding, students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA is required for any federal loan program along with FWS.

Note: To receive any form of federal student aid, students must be enrolled at least half-time. They also must be United States citizens or eligible non-citizens.

If you meet the eligibility requirements, please continue to and follow the steps to submit. Graduate students are considered independent, and as such parental income is not required.

Duke Graduate School FAFSA School Code: 002920.

Research and Travel Support

The Graduate School also offers a limited number of competitive Dean’s Research Awards for Master’s Students, which may help fund research travel, conference travel, or the purchase of materials and supplies to support research relevant to degree completion.

You can find more helpful information here regarding Financial Aid FAQ’s. For more questions please contact us at