Open To

Continuing Ph.D. students in any discipline.

Duke offers noncredit summer language courses for graduate students and other researchers who need to consult texts in French or German or need to satisfy reading knowledge requirements for graduate and professional programs. If a department agrees to pay 30 percent of the cost of a course for a graduate student, The Graduate School will pay the remaining 70 percent. | Learn more and apply