You are here

Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Dissertation Research Abroad

The Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Dissertation Research Abroad program provides grants to colleges and universities to support individual doctoral students who conduct research in other countries, in modern foreign languages, and area studies for periods of 6 to 12 months. Funded projects deepen research knowledge on and help the nation develop capability in areas of the world not generally included in U.S. curricula. Projects focusing on Western Europe are not supported.

More Information

Funding Source

  • External opportunities

Student Status

  • Dissertation Phase

Academic Division

  • Social Sciences
  • Humanities

Type of Degrees

  • Ph.D.


  • For Travel
  • International Travel


  • Academic Year
  • Summer
  • Other
More Information