Five-Day Series: Non-Academic Job Searching for Humanities and Social Sciences Ph.D.s
After years invested in academia, it can be daunting to launch a professional job search. This can be especially true for humanities and social science PhDs, who lack a direct path to industry. This week-long interactive workshop series is designed to demystify the PhD career transition process and provide clarity for academics looking to make a career transition.
These virtual workshops are designed for doctoral students, PhDs, postdocs, and faculty in the humanities and social sciences who want to gain confidence in their skills and make a plan for their non-academic job search.
- Monday, November 6: How graduate students can decide between an academic and non-academic career.
- Tuesday, November 7: How faculty can move from academia into a nonacademic career.
- Wednesday, November 8: How to identify new career fields where you’ll thrive.
- Thursday, November 9: How to build a network outside academia.
- Friday, November 10: Leaving academia: what to do if you’re feeling lost
Can’t make it live? All workshops will be available as a replay. Register in advance to receive notifications.
Beyond subscription, Professional Development, Careers Beyond Academia, Communication, Professional Adaptability, Self Awareness, Core Competencies