Be in Demand: A Virtual Event for Students Interested in Arts, Entertainment and Media Careers
The purpose of this event is to help Duke students who are interested in careers in the arts, entertainment and media connect with companies and employers in this space. Be in Demand 2023 is a collaboration between the Duke Career Center, the Duke Entertainment, Media, and Arts Network (DEMAN), and Duke Alumni Engagement and Development.
Each employer or alumnus will have a virtual breakout room and students will be able to drop-in for small group chats. This event will mimic a networking reception, where students are encouraged to drop-in and out of several employer rooms to learn about opportunities, ask questions, and make contacts.
In addition to the listed employers, several alumni in the Arts, Entertainment, and Media industries will be attending:
- Annabeth Gish (She/hers), Class of 1993, Actor/Writer/Producer (tentative)
- Mark Vahradian(He/him), Class of 1989, Di Bonaventura Pictures, President
- Holly Ren (She/hers), Class of 2020, Development Coordinator, Campfire Studios
- Jasmine Owens (She/hers), Class of 2019, United Talent Agency - Assistant, Early Career Recruitment
- Justin Gilanyi (He/him), Class of 2004, WhereArt.Works - Founder
- Martavius Parrish (He/him), Class of 2014, Resident Associate Director - Into The Woods Limited Engagement Tour
Professional Development, Communication, Professional Adaptability, Self Awareness