Alum Zoom: Five Career Questions with Molly Hannigan, Ph.D., Senior Scientist, Torque Bio
Molly Hannigan, Ph.D., Senior Scientist, Torque Bio
As part of a series of short, focused career conversations with former Duke Ph.D. students and postdocs, we'll feature Molly Hannigan, Ph.D., Senior Scientist at Torque Bio and former Duke Postdoc in Cell Biology. Torque Bio, Inc. is a local biotechnology startup leveraging the power of RNA biology for the treatment of disease. In her role as Senior Scientist, Molly works with a talented team to design, develop, and test new therapeutic constructs; analyze high-throughput data and effectively communicate the results to a broad audience; and supervises lab management and operations.
1. Can you tell us about your background?
2. How did you get your job?
3. What's a typical day like at your organization?
4. What can postdocs and students who would like to work in this field (or explore it further) do to prepare?
5. What is the employment outlook for this field?
A link with Zoom meeting details will be sent to confirmed registrants. The Careers Beyond Academia Series is sponsored by the Office of Postdoctoral Services and The Graduate School. Questions? Email Molly Starback, Director of Duke Postdoctoral Services, at email@example.com
Careers Beyond Academia, Professional Adaptability, Professional Development