Alum Zoom: Five Career Questions with Marc Frahm, Ph.D., Managing Director for Health Care-Biotechnology at Cowen and Company
As part of a series of short, focused career conversations with former Duke Ph.D. students and postdocs, we'll feature Marc Frahm, Ph.D.'12 (Molecular Genetics and Microbiology), Managing Director for Health Care-Biotechnology at Cowen and Company. Marc will share his pathway into working in an investment bank as a STEM Ph.D. and describe ways that other Ph.D.s can leverage their STEM training in the finance world.
- Can you tell us about your background?
- How did you get your job?
- What's a typical day like at your organization?
- What can postdocs and students who would like to work in this field (or explore it further) do to prepare?
- What is the employment outlook for this field?
A link with Zoom meeting details will be sent to confirmed registrants. This event is part of the Alum Zooms series sponsored by The Graduate School and the Office of Postdoctoral Services. Duke graduate students, postdocs, staff, faculty, and alumni are welcome to attend.
Alumni, Professional Development, Careers Beyond Academia, Professional Adaptability, Open to Alumni Attendees