As part of your online application, you must upload a statement of purpose. The statement should be one to two pages and single spaced. It should briefly discuss
- your purposes and objectives in pursuing graduate study;
- your special interests and plans;
- your strengths and weaknesses in your chosen field;
- any research projects or any independent research in which you have actively participated and how they have influenced your career choice and desire to pursue graduate studies; and
- any particular reasons you may have for applying to Duke (e.g. you would like to work with a specific faculty member).
How to Submit
Upload the statement of purpose via the online application.