MQFE Program Coordinator
Department of Economics
Duke University / Box 90097
Durham, NC 27708
This program is managed and overseen by the Duke Financial Economics Center (DFE) in the Department of Economics to train and develop quantitative financial economics skills linked to finance and related areas to prepare graduates for Ph.D. studies or related professions.
Most graduate classes are sufficiently small so that each student gets individual faculty attention. Very active workshops are available for students to work with their major professors on development of research projects. Opportunities for research are possible through the connections with scholars both in Economics, and at the Fuqua School of Business. Graduates will be awarded an M.S. degree in Quantitative Financial Economics.
Because students study sophisticated analytical tools beyond the level covered in undergraduate and business school environments, our students have a distinct advantage when proceeding to Ph.D. programs and other careers featuring quantitative financial analysis.
Application Deadlines: No applications are being accepted for the 2023-2024 application cycle.
Graduate School Application Requirements
See the Application Instructions page for important details about each Graduate School requirement.
- Transcripts: Unofficial transcripts required with application submission; official transcripts required upon admission
- Letters of Recommendation: 3 Required
- Statement of Purpose: Required
- Résumé: Required
- GRE Scores: GRE General Required
- English Language Exam: TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo English Test required* for applicants whose first language is not English
*test waiver may apply for some applicants
- GPA: Undergraduate GPA calculated on 4.0 scale required
A writing sample is recommended, but not required.
We strongly encourage you to review additional department-specific application guidance from the program to which you are applying: Departmental Application Guidance