The Graduate School has announced the recipients of its annual Dean's Awards recognizing outstanding efforts in mentoring, teaching, and creating an inclusive environment for graduate education at Duke. The recipients will be honored at a ceremony on Wednesday, March 28, at Sarah P. Duke Gardens.
Profiles on the winners will be posted closer to the award ceremony.
Dean's Award for Excellence in Mentoring
Each faculty award winner receives a $3,000 prize, while each student recipient gets $2,000.
- Martin Doyle, Professor of River and Water Sciences, Nicholas School of Environment
- Anna Gassman-Pines, Associate Professor of Public Policy and Psychology and Neuroscience
- Joseph Heitman, James B. Duke Professor and Chair, Molecular Genetics and Microbiology
- Elizabeth Marsh, Professor and Associate Chair, Psychology and Neuroscience
- Bradley Barth, Biomedical Engineering (Faculty Adviser: Xiling Shen)
- Patrick Green, Biology (Faculty Adviser: Sheila Patek)
- Brittany Morgan, Chemistry (Faculty Adviser: Amanda Hargrove)
Dean's Award for Excellence in Teaching
Each recipient gets $2,000. This award is only for students.
- Patrick Morgan, Ph.D. student, English (Faculty Adviser: Priscilla Wald)
- Mai-Anh Vu, Ph.D. student, Neurobiology (Faculty Advisers: Alison Adcock and Kafui Dzirasa)
Dean's Award for Inclusive Excellence In Graduate Education
Each winning department or program receives $5,000 to be used at its discretion.
Nursing Ph.D. Program
Debra Brandon, Associate Professor and Director of the Ph.D. Program in Nursing
(Nominated by Marion Broome, dean of the School of Nursing)