The Graduate School has announced the recipients of its 2019 Dean's Awards recognizing outstanding efforts in mentoring, teaching, and creating an inclusive environment for graduate education at Duke. The recipients will be honored at a ceremony on Wednesday, March 27.
Here's a look at this year's recipients. Profiles on the winners will be posted closer to the award ceremony.
Dean’s Award for Excellence in Mentoring
Each faculty award winner receives a $3,000 prize, while each student recipient gets $2,000.
- Megan Mullin, Associate Professor of Environmental Politics in the Division of Environmental Sciences and Policy Environmental Science
- Jennifer West, Fitzpatrick Family University Professor of Engineering
- Leigh Ann Simmons, Associate Professor in the School of Nursing
- Leela Prasad, Associate Professor of Religious Studies
- Raymond Allen, Biology /Developmental Stem Biology
- Ashleigh Thomas, Mathematics
Dean’s Award for Excellence in Teaching
Each winner receives $2,000. This award is for Ph.D. students only.
- Brandon Fain, Computer Science
- Natasha Parikh, Psychology and Neuroscience
- Emily Pechar, Environmental Policy
- Jessica Stark, English
Dean’s Award for Inclusive Excellence in Graduate Education
Each winning department or program receives $5,000 to be used at its discretion.
- Biology Ph.D. Program (nominated by the Biology Graduate Student Diversity Committee)