The 2020 SROP runs from May 26 through August 1. The application period is open until February 7, 2020
Application and supporting materials
- A completed online application form with essays
- A recent transcript (PDF) (If you have more than one transcript, combine them into one PDF file)
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty who are familiar with your interests (the application form will ask you for the recommenders' information)
- Optional: A resume/CV (PDF).
Step 1: Complete the online application
As part of the online application, you will upload your transcript and the optional resume/CV as PDF files. You will also be asked to submit essays addressing four topics.
After you submit your application, you will receive an email confirmation. Save this for your records.
For the essays, we ask that you write one essay for each of the following questions:
1. Why are you interested in participating in the Duke SROP? (400 words or less)
2. What are your career goals? How do you plan to accomplish those goals? Please state if you are still exploring different careers why those careers are of interest to you? (600 words or less)
3. Please describe in some detail any past research experiences. Be sure to include the institution where you conducted the research, the context (research lab or through coursework), your research mentor's name, and a brief description of the project itself. Also, state the skills that you learned during the experience and how the skills have helped you to grow as a scholar and researcher. (800 words or less)
4. Please describe your current research interest. If there are particular departments or faculty at Duke that you are interested in, please state that here. (400 words or less).
Step 2: Request recommendation letters
You should select two recommenders and enter their information in the application. Recommenders will then receive a link to upload their letter directly into the application system.
All materials must be received by the deadline.