Review & Notification
Your application file is assembled in the Graduate Admissions Office. Although we will notify you of our receipt of your application, you must assume the responsibility for making sure your application is complete by the appropriate deadline.
After submitting your application, you will be able to check the status of your application materials via the Applicant Self-Service system. You should log into this system periodically to ensure that all required application materials have been received. Incomplete applications will either not be considered, or they may be rejected on the basis of incompleteness.
Here are some things you can do to expedite the processing of your application:
- Make sure all uploaded documents have been uploaded successfully and are legible.
- Do not send required application materials to the department to which you are applying; doing so will delay the processing of your application.
- Be sure that your full name, as given on your application, appears on all documents submitted on your behalf. Please call our attention to variations in your name that might appear on materials submitted.
- Do not submit an overabundance of materials or any unnecessary documents, such as secondary school records; awards/certificates/commendations that are not strictly academic credentials as stated in our requirements; or recommendations beyond the required three. Excessive amounts of unnecessary information may cause application reviewers to view your file unfavorably.
- Submit your application at least two weeks before the stated deadline to ensure that our office will have adequate time to assemble all items related to your application.