Please CLICK on any question below to see the answer.
- What is a transcript?
The academic record that we refer to as a transcript should provide a listing, year by year, of all courses taken and the grade or mark received for each one. Do not submit transcripts from secondary schools. If your Social Security Number (SSN) appears on your transcripts, please mark out all except the last four digits of the number before uploading the transcripts to your application.
- When am I required to provide a transcript?
Please provide transcripts from any institution where you earned (or will earn) a degree, studied for one semester or more, or took classes that relate to your current application for graduate study.
- Can I upload screen shots from my online account at my school?
Yes, if your name and the name of the school appear in each screen shot, you may upload these as your unofficial transcripts.
- What makes a transcript unofficial or official?
Unofficial transcripts: Transcripts uploaded to the application are unofficial. An unofficial transcript is also one that:
- has been opened by the student
- did not come directly from the school
- is an uncertified photocopy of the original
- was not produced by the school
- was translated by the student or an unofficial translation service
Notarized transcripts are considered unofficial unless they are mailed directly from the educational institution and bear the institutional seal.
Official Transcripts: Official transcripts are only required if an offer of admission is made. Do not send official transcripts unless and until you are offered admission. The transcript is official if it is sent directly by the institution to the Graduate School. Transcripts must bear an official signature in ink of the appropriate official at your institution, such as the registrar or recorder of records, and must bear the institutional seal. Certified true copies must be stamped and signed by the institution.
- My transcript is not in English. Do I need to provide a translation?
Yes. Please provide BOTH the original transcript AND a translation from either the school issuing the transcript or a professional translation service.
- When should I mail my official transcripts?
If you are offered admission and accept, we will contact you to request that you send your official transcripts to the Graduate School. Do not send your official transcripts until you are contacted.
- How can I report grades I have received since submitting my application?
Save a scanned copy of the updated transcript and email it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your first (or given) name and last (or family) name and date of birth in the body of the email.