May 2013 Graduate Degree Deadlines
Friday January 25, 2013: Apply for Graduation Deadline
Deadline for submitting the "Apply for Graduation" form. Log into ACES Student Self Service and Apply for Graduation. If you do not have an advisor entered into ACES you will not be eligible to Apply for Graduation.
Wednesday March 20, 2013: Last day for Initial Electronic Ph.D. Dissertation / Master’s Thesis Submission
The initial submission must take place at least two weeks prior to the defense and no later than March 20
Initial submission of the Dissertation/Thesis means that the document is complete, has been submitted and the format accepted. We will not check the format of an incomplete document. Any document needing Major Revisions will also not be accepted until revisions are done and accepted.
- After you submit your electronic dissertation/thesis to UMI/ProQuest you will receive an email from the Graduate School within two business days informing you of any formatting problems.
- When you receive the email (and not before), please use our online Appointment Calendar to schedule a time to meet with the Graduate School staff member who contacted you about formatting issues after your initial submission.
- We must receive the letter from your advisor confirming that your dissertation is complete and ready to defend and the Departmental Defense Announcement before we can release your Final Examination Certificate.
- At this appointment you will receive your Final Examination Certificate and Doctoral Candidates will have the opportunity to fill out our Exit Survey. The Appointment Calendar can be found at:
Wednesday April 10, 2013: Final date for Dissertation / Master’s Thesis Defense
- Final day to hold the Ph.D. dissertation or Master’s thesis defense to receive the degree in May 2013.
Friday April 19, 2013: Final Submission of all Documents
- All Ph.D. final exam cards and Master’s final exam cards (both Master’s with thesis and non-thesis Master’s) must be submitted to the Graduate School by 5:00 p.m.
- All defended, completed Ph.D. Dissertations and Master’s Theses must be submitted
to UMI/ProQuest by 3:00 p.m. EDT.