May 2014 Graduate Degree Deadlines
Saturday January 25, 2014: Apply for Graduation
Deadline for submitting the "Apply for Graduation" form. Log into ACES Student Self Service and Apply for Graduation. The Apply for Graduation form does NOT carry over from one semester to the next. You must apply again if you applied for a previous semester and did not graduate. If you do not have an advisor entered into ACES you will not be eligible to Apply for Graduation.
Thursday March 20, 2014 @ 5:00 pm EST: Last Day for Initial Electronic Ph.D. Dissertation / Master’s Thesis Submission
The initial submission must take place at least two weeks prior to your defense and no later than March 20th at 5:00 p.m. EST.
Initial submission of the Dissertation/Thesis means that the document is complete. We will not check the format of an incomplete document.
- After you submit your electronic dissertation/thesis to UMI/ProQuest you will receive an email from the Graduate School within two business days informing you of any formatting problems.
- When you receive the email (and not before), please use our
online Appointment Calendar to schedule a time to meet with the Graduate
School staff member who contacted you about formatting issues after
your initial submission.The Appointment Calendar can be found at:
- We must receive the letter from your advisor confirming that your dissertation is complete and ready to defend and the Departmental Defense Announcement before we can release your Final Examination Certificate. YOU MUST COME TO THE GRADUATE SCHOOL TO PICK UP YOUR FINAL EXAMINATION CERTIFICATE BEFORE YOUR DEFENSE.
- At this appointment you will receive your Final Examination Certificate and Doctoral Candidates will have the opportunity to fill out our Exit Survey.
Thursday April 10, 2014: Final date for Dissertation/ Master’s Thesis Defense
- Final day to hold the Ph.D. Dissertation or Master’s Thesis defense to receive the degree in May 2014.
Thursday April 24, 2014: Final Submission of all Documents
- 3:00 p.m. EDT. All defended, completed Ph.D. dissertations and Master’s Theses must be submitted to UMI/ProQuest.
- 5:00 p.m. EDT. All Ph.D. final exam cards and Master’s final exam cards (both Master’s with thesis and non-thesis Master’s) must be submitted to the Graduate School.