September 2014 Graduate Degree Deadlines
Tuesday July 1, 2014: Apply for Graduation Deadline
Deadline for submitting the "Apply for Graduation" form. Log into ACES Student Center, click on the Services tab and Apply for Graduation. The Graduation list submitted to the Office of Special Events and University Ceremonies is generated from the “Apply for Graduation” forms. If you applied to graduate for May 2014 and did not graduate you will need to apply again for September 2014.
Friday July 11, 2014 @ 5:00 pm EST: Initial Electronic Doctoral Dissertation/Master’s Thesis Submission Deadline
The initial submission must take place at least two weeks prior to your defense and no later than July 11th at 5:00 p.m. EST.
Initial submission of the Dissertation/Thesis means that the document is complete. We will not check the format of an incomplete document.
- After you submit your electronic dissertation/thesis to UMI/ProQuest you will receive an email from the Graduate School within two business days informing you of any formatting problems.
- When you receive the email (and not before), please use our
online Appointment Calendar to schedule a time to meet with the Graduate
School staff member who contacted you about formatting issues after
your initial submission.The Appointment Calendar can be found at:
- We must receive the letter from your advisor confirming that your dissertation is complete and ready to defend and the Departmental Defense Announcement before we can release your Final Examination Certificate. YOU MUST COME TO THE GRADUATE SCHOOL TO PICK UP YOUR FINAL EXAMINATION CERTIFICATE BEFORE YOUR DEFENSE.
- At this appointment you will receive your Final Examination Certificate and Doctoral Candidates will have the opportunity to fill out our Exit Survey.
Friday July 25, 2014: Defense Deadline
- Deadline to defend your Doctoral Dissertation or Master’s Thesis for the September 2014 degree.
Friday August 1, 2014: Final Submission Deadline
- 3:00 p.m. EDT. All defended, completed Ph.D. dissertations and Master’s Theses must be submitted to UMI/ProQuest.
- 5:00 p.m. EDT. All Ph.D. final exam cards and Master’s final exam cards (both Master’s with thesis and non-thesis Master’s) must be submitted to the Graduate School.