December 2013 Graduate Degree Deadlines
Friday November 1, 2013: Apply for Graduation Deadline
Deadline for submitting the "Apply for Graduation" form. Log into ACES Student Center and Apply for Graduation. The Graduation list submitted to the Office of Special Events and University Ceremonies is generated from the “Apply for Graduation” forms. If you applied to graduate for September 2013 and did not graduate you will need to apply again for December 2013.
Monday November 11, 2013 @ 5:00 pm EST: Last Day for Initial Electronic Ph.D. Dissertation / Master’s Thesis Submission
The initial submission must take place at least two weeks prior to your defense and no later than November 11th at 5:00 p.m. EST.
Initial submission of the Dissertation/Thesis means that the document is complete. We will not check the format of an incomplete document.
- After you submit your electronic dissertation/master’s thesis to UMI/ProQuest you will receive an email from the Graduate School within two business days informing you of any formatting problems.
- When you receive the email (and not before), please use our
online Appointment Calendar to schedule a time to meet with the Graduate
School staff member who contacted you about formatting issues after
your initial submission.The Appointment Calendar can be found at:
- We must receive the letter from your advisor confirming that your dissertation is complete and ready to defend and the Departmental Defense Announcement before we can release your Final Examination Certificate. YOU MUST COME TO THE GRADUATE SCHOOL TO PICK UP YOUR FINAL EXAMINATION CERTIFICATE BEFORE YOUR DEFENSE.
- At this appointment you will receive your Final Examination Certificate and Doctoral Candidates will have the opportunity to fill out our Exit Survey.
Monday November 25, 2013: Final date for Dissertation/ Master’s Thesis Defense
- Deadline to defend your Doctoral Dissertation or Master’s Thesis for the December 2013 degree.
Monday December 9, 2013: Final Submission of all Documents
- 3:00 p.m. All defended, completed Ph.D. dissertations and Master’s Theses must be submitted to UMI/ProQuest by 3:00 p.m. EST
- 5:00 p.m. All Ph.D. final exam cards and Master’s final exam cards (both Master’s with thesis and non-thesis Master’s) must be submitted to the Graduate School by 5:00 p.m. EST